Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Downsizing

I always figured that we'd have members constantly coming and going, but I never thought that some of the people going would be people I had grown to be close to, or even just grow to have a good deal of respect for. That, for me, is saying a lot; I will be friendly, but I tend to keep most people at arm's length.

I will admit, the drama swimming around the guild has been building up a lot lately, but I attribute a lot of it to real-life stress. It seems like everyone has been bogged down irl, which carries over to the game and causes all sorts of problems. I've been taking a bit of time off of raiding because I didn't want my real-life problems to affect people who were just trying to enjoy the game. Unfortunately, not all the players in my guild have that luxury. It gets rough.

We lost both of our Shaman last night after ICC25, and our DPS DK. Our ret paladin left not long after. I don't have all the details, so I'll just end that part by saying that I'm shocked and a bit upset.

I liked the DK. He had been a friend of mine since before either of us discovered WoW. We would pal around on another game, and he would sometimes refer to me as his big sibling. One of the shaman I knew for about the same amount of time; we all hung around the same dream (sort of like a guild hall) on a text-based (with some pixelated graphics) mmo. I had only met the resto shaman relatively recently, but despite his brutal honesty and offputting demeanor, I liked him. The ret paladin had proven himself to be a good leader, and a polite guild member. I had a lot of respect for him.

However, I am trying not to get too depressed about this. I liked them all just fine, but others will come along. It's not like I cannot still be friends with them, but I will certainly miss raiding alongside them.

All we can do at this point is get up, brush ourselves off, and keep going. We can keep progressing, we just need to try. We're back to 10-mans, which is just fine by me. It means I will be lagging less, and my heals will be going off when I actually want them to. This is still a step back from what we were at, but we can still march on.

I love my guild. They're my family. I'm not giving this up without a fight.

We will persevere.

No comments:

Post a Comment